Procrastination

3.22.2006

I Want Treasure

In my mind, I've decided some pretty philosophical questions this week that all boil down to: Is there one true love?

And, for me, I think there is. I'm in love with scavenger hunts. When I was younger I used to make them for my brother and sister. They loved 'em. Two summers ago, I made an awesome one for PCAP (i may have blogged about it). One clue was a translation from Japenese numbers to English numbers to the binary code alphabet. (sounds nerdy but it was fun!!) Another clue was all about Beatles lyrics. (There were 6 clues in total, i think).

Scavenger hunts are witty and fun. They boost your adrenaline. The clues can be charming, they can be sweet, they can be challenging. They're "go-with-the-flow" (of the clues, of course). And, upon reflection, they're all about the journey (but the end result is usually pretty awesome too). I'd totally "do" them.

[er...i'm finished with the free match.com profile]

Anyway, on Veronica Mars there was a scavenger hunt bachelorette party. I totally want that along with a scavenger hunt 25th birthday party and a scavenger hunt 50th birthday party and a scavenger hunt law school graduation party.

so if you're out there, o' one true love (or other 9,999 true loves*) (Ok, ok, good friends, acquaintances, neighbors, strangers, you can all shower me with scavenger hunts), that's what's gonna win me over.


* someone this week gave me good advice (assuming that s/he does not read my blog...or even if s/he does...i'll quote that good advice)

2.) I, like most, like to think that there is one true love, but, there are just too many people for that to be true. So, I like to think that there are millions and millions who you may be compatible with and have a good time with, and then there are far fewer, say 10,000, that are your true loves. We like to think of ourselves and others as unique because it empowers us and gives us a mooring, something to hold onto. The problem is, with 6 billion other people there is no way we are as unique as we think. The point is that we label that one great love as the true love because they have certain characteristis and personalities which we are attracted by and to and which coalesce with our own characteristics (chemistry) and which we think could only possible exist once. But, optimistically, it could happen many times, say 10,000 times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home