Procrastination

6.19.2005

Michigan Blues

When it comes to law students, I would say that Kirk is the least competitive one I know. True, he sometimes jokes that the law clerks at the City of Pittsburgh are not true "law students" b/c none of us are on a journal...but I know this is his jealousy speaking (we make $2.50/hr more than him!). Except there's one thing that can get KDR's blood boiling: where we went to undergrad. Proud as he may be of his alma mater (University of Rochester - I know, who has even heard of it?!?!!), it will never be University of Michigan.

Still, he can't seem to reason with this. Instead, he takes low blows & he tries to defame the Maize and Blue.

So, when I told him that I heard a flag with the University of Michigan was on the moon - little Kirky had a field day. He went to NASA'S website & searched the FAQ - only to find 6 pictures of American flags. Proof that there was no Michigan flag on the moon.

Delighted, he teased me to the end. "Where did you hear this? At Michigan?" (Then, like a good researcher, he checked for Michigan urban legends on www.snopes.com...nothing came up about the flag on the moon...).

Tumbling down the rabbit hole w/ envy, Kirk did what any rational man would do. He stopped fighting with me & the Big House & the Diag & the Arb & the Rock & the Cube.

Not only did he stop trying to compete but he found a picture of the astronaut putting the flag on the moon & he photoshopped a University of Michigan flag onto it just to make me happy.

Awww, nothing like a man who makes me breakfast in bed on a Sunday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home