Procrastination

2.20.2005

Like Twins

Last night, Doug and I went to Monroeville for the first time. We were on a search for a nearby Olive Garden, with no nearby computer to give us directions. By instinct, we head out to the closest mall. (Where else are chain restaurants prevalent?) I've never been to Monroeville. But I find it funny that like all Pittsburgh's malls it is perched on top of a hill. (Disclaimer: I've only been to two, including Robinson which is more like a landing zone for super chains like Walmart, Sam's Club and fine restaurants such as Panera, Quiznos, Baja Fresh and McDonalds).

We didn't find an Olive Garden but at Jimmy Corino's (another Italian restaurant, with an Olive Garden-esque vibe), our waitress looked just like someone else I know. Same voice and everything. Sometimes I think there must be four or five of us out there, positioned in different parts of the globe. Living different lives with the same skeletal structure.

What would I be like in coffee-colored version, selling papayas on the side of the road? Would I still have a Jewish nose? How about the me that lives in Seattle - would she like to dance in the rain or would she always run for cover when it starts to pour? Would I find them annoying or intriguing? Maybe one would have all of my bad qualities and another would have all of my good qualities and I would hate them both equally.

In other news, I think I had strept throat at the end of last week. Whatever it was, it made me sick and miserable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home