Procrastination

2.13.2005

Mi(t)ch.

This weekend Doug and I went to Detroit to see Mitch Hedberg. He was pretty funny. Definitely the celebrity with whom I would like to become friends. Witty, humble, and downright funny.

He performed at the State Theater, which is this old theater in Detroit that has beautiful architecture. I think it is one of the most perfect venues for a comedian, if not some offbeat comedy club in Los Angeles. For some reason, I think some off the road comedy club LA would be the #1 place to see a comedian. But, I'm not sure where I would put Las Vegas on that list. I think Las Vegas would be a great place to see a comedian. I saw George Carlin there a few years back - I think I liked it but I only remember one joke - something about how long it takes to get through an airport because of security. That was before 2001.

Back to the State, I thought I was in Pittsburgh! Their menu featured fried mushrooms, french fries, fried olives and fried pickles. (I wanted to try the last two just because I've never had but then I got too scared that my stomach wouldn't be able to handle it).
The best part of the night though was my lack of hovering skills. (note: embarrassing story ahead...)

For all you guys out there "The hover" is precisely what you are thinking. Its when a girl floats or suspends in the air above the toilet mostly used in unkempt public bathrooms.

Yea, so after 2 (i know, I'm a cheap lightweight) nicely sized beers, I can't really hover and aim. I peed all over the floor. And! all over my pants and underwear!!! (Gross!) To make matters worse, Doug and I packed super quickly to go to Detroit and I forgot to pack extra underwear. Like a gentleman, Doug gave me his jacket to cover my wet butt on the way out. Then, still- drunk Melissa decides to tell Doug's mom, Doug's brother and Doug's sister what I did. (How do you like me now future-inlaws?)

That was fun, though. I forgot what it was like to be 7 years old and scared that I would pee in my friends bed when I slept at her house (now you know what type of kid I was!). Almost as fun as introducing Freddi to her up-eared bunny cousin "Boo Boo Butt" (Doug's sister's bunny) - who tried humping Freddi by sitting on top of Freddi's face. We still don't know if she is a girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home