Procrastination

2.04.2005

Andy Warhol

I hate Friday classes at 9 am.

I went to see Adam Evil tonight. They rocked. I got their cd. Not only did they ask name and e-mail address, but they wanted blood type. That's cool of a rock band. They had a violinist too. That means, for the past two times I was able to see a band - Adam Evil and Aydin - each had a random instrument. A violin and an accordion. (i'm not sure of spelling, I'm a little drunk). I like bands with random instruments. In the Place to Be (see: my links) (a.k.a. Jeanie's blog) she said if she would ever date a guy in a band it would have to be the guitarist. If I would date a guy in the band, it would have to be the accordion player or the piano player - if you play the keys, your mine. (Doug's poetic reference: "if you play the keys, you have a key to my heart").

Wait! But the name of my posting is Andy Warhol. Why you may ask? I bought two tees when I went to the Warhol for the first time with Jen P two weeks ago (Jen P for anonymity). It was an opening for this new cool Pittsburgh magazine and we were surrounded by probably the best dressed people in the whole city. You know, the artsy-rich. And, Jen P works at the museum so I got in for free (damn the un-free bar!...at least I was driving...didn't Jen know I was using her for her ties to alcohol? <-- bad joke). I got the Nico shirt in mustard (see: http://www.warholstore.org) from the single shots from Warhol's movies collection tees. And, I got the "Television" tee.

The television tee (in faded black) says: "When I got my first television set, I stopped caring so much about having close relationships".

After I got into the O.C. last year, I completely feel for this shirt.

Never before have I needed to watch a show every week. I need my fix of Ryan, Seth, Marissa and especially, Summer. I feel like they are my friends. I want to talk about music, the camera shots, the relationships, the screenplay. What is wrong with me? At least I have dragged Doug into my obsession so I can spill my guts to him. I feel stupid (but not too stupid).

Fine....I've also become addicted to the Real World. It's my first season where I've watched almost every episode. But hey, it's in Philadelphia! (It's true that my first kiss, David Y, was friends with Anyssa (sp?) in the Chicago Real World, but she went to Lower Merion...and although I grew up in Lower Merion, I went to the unknown Harriton High, where Kobe did not go to high school).

Yes, so that is my point to this posting. Andy Warhol and his love of pop culture is my icon right now because, I've been dragged in. Some may say duress but I see the addiction. As Jen enlightened me, many people don't realize that Andy (yes, we are on a first name basis) went shopping almost everyday (quotidien - a "q" word!!) his last few years of life. He did it so he could be closer to the masses. It made him feel alive and connected. Maybe I'm trying to be him (although I started this before I found out about Andy's habit)...I feel I can't make fun of pop culture unless I know all about it.

Okay, well, 9 am class is calling me to bed. I have to shower this smoke smell out of my hair.

much love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home