Procrastination

2.27.2006

i may be like heroin (you know, so passe)

but i can't help but be intrigued.

okay, okay, two weeks later and I actually sent out my music monsters cd!! since (i think) only one (maybe 2) music monsters read my blog, I'll post my new track list.

Wait, maybe I should back up and explain what music monsters is. completely stolen from a law school friend named Jill, I asked 12 or so of my friends from across the country to join a group called Music Monsters. We each are assigned a month and we make "playlists" (er, the hardcopy that we send to each other...but, no, no copyright infringement here! :-)) for each other.

For our group, I tried to pick friends who I know have different tastes in music - early pop/rock (Big Star), popular indie rock (Wolf Parade), hip-hop (er...this person hasn't sent their cd yet so...um, Gang Starr??), dance/mash-ups (neither has this person), jam bands (String Cheese Incident). I've gotten some pretty awesome mixes of music that I would have never picked out for myself. Plus, its pretty cool because even the songs that I do know, its still a part of this compilation that I would have never created on my own.

I love how each music monsters compilation is completely individual. There has been awesome album art. Funny titles. The whole deal.

This is my second time sending out a cd because out of our group of 12 only about 6 have actually sent cds so far. I felt as the group motivator (?) i needed to re-send a cd to get people motivated. Its hard work to send a cd - people are worried about it being "perfect" (whatever that means). Its annoying to burn 12 and (for me) more annoying to get over to the post-office. But as one person said - when you get a cd in the mail, its like Christmas!

Here is my newest track listing (for my second cd, I didn't include any album art...just plain and simple). (sorry Kiren (and maybe Matt, Erik, or Carol) for the spoiler...but you'll get it in the mail soon enough!!!)

1. Wake Up Boo! - The Boo Radleys
2. Eple - Royksopp
3. Enjoy Your Worries, You May Never Have Them Again - the Books
4. Crimson and Clover - Tommy James and the Shondells
5. Coin-Operated Boy - the Dresden Dolls
6. Jaded - the Mommyheads
7. I Love My Leather Jacket - The Chills
8. E.M.P.T.Y. - The Clientele
9. What Led Me to This Town - The Jayhawks
10. The Way Life is Supposed to Be - Bob Schneider
11. Beelines to Heaven - Garageland
12. Here She Comes - Slowdive
13. Ladies and Gentlemen, We are Floating in Space - Spiritualized
14. Some Girls - Rachel Stevens
15. Nobody's Perfect - Dios

Enjoy!!

1 Comments:

  • you've started reading The Invisibles? That's like ten conversations unto itself. The first volume is the best-- after that it's still brilliant, but frustrating.

    By Blogger E, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home