Procrastination

4.10.2006

Benefits of Studying

Okay, so this time, I actually studied for the MPRE.

I read through the "long outline" *skimmed* the "short outline" (I know, i should have done it in reverse). I did about 30 practice questions...from a BarBri (reputable) study aid that someone left in my locker.

[...In between watching (literally) 24 hours of Lost, 15 hours of writing my second story (which is why its 18 pages!!)...sleeping for 12 hours/day...seeing Belle & Sebastian...seeing Jen and Jordan...seeing Jeremy...hanging with my family...WHOOHOO Spring Break 2006 totally rocked!!]

And...(finally)...I passed. Not only did I pass but I am eligible for every jurisdiction!!! Yay!!!

Says Wikipedia:
Of the 51 jurisdictions in the United States, 48 require a minimum passing score on the MPRE for bar admission; the passing score varies between jurisdictions. The lowest score accepted by any jurisdiction is 75 (several); the highest required by any state is 86 (currently Utah; California will raise its required score to 86 for students who enroll in law school in 2008 or later).


Moral of the story? You actually have to study for that MPRE!!!

Don't just think you're ethical. Because you're not. Not in the world of lawyer ethics. You're a 74 when they want a 75. And don't believe people who say "they didn't study at all" because then you find out they went to a BarBri lecture or you borrow their book and its completely highlighted (grrr. I hate when law students pretend not to work. We all work. Might as well fess up to it...remember? honesty is the best policy) (and lying about studying for an ethics exam? Shame on you!!).

(don't worry, i'm still not *that* ethical. I only got an 87...I'm just barely ethical...)

1 Comments:

  • Way to go. Congrats on passing it. I totally agree with you about people who say "they didn't study" when in fact they probably spent gobs of time on it. That only reinforces my belief that the vast majority of law students are disingenuine.

    -Tyler

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home