Procrastination

5.14.2006

idleness

after a few days of doing nothing (reading Wicked, Frankenstein...seeing Art School Confidential...listening to my favorite professor that i never actually had...), i decided to drive home for mothers day to surprise my mom. SURPRISE!! (3 am).

My little brother is awake. We ate olives together. Both opened the refridgerator and said "Sweet" simultaneously (our mom went to Carlinos today...Carlinos = food heaven). We bonded over the fact that he wants to be a fashion designer & hates accounting. He thinks its awesome that I'm now a J.D. (or soon to be)...but he must understand where i'm coming from. then, he showed me his girlfriend's pictures. She's a cheerleader for the Miami Dolphins (or so he says).

anyway, my little sister is awesome. she fell asleep in the green room, which used to be hers until i moved away 7 years ago. I think she made the move final during my last year of college actually. Now, she has the pink room that I grew up in. But, she slept in the green room just for me to have my "normal" bed.

i have so much i want to blog about. Alan Turing. Greg Niemayar (my virtual professor). Lessig. The New Yorker. The the some-what fallacy of Birth Order. But i'm tired & I need to go to sleep so i can be happy for mother's day!!!

To my disappointment, however, studies suggest that the effects of birth order apply far more narrowly than I thought. Within a family, birth order matters (how could it not?). Older siblings throw their weight around and younger siblings either cower or figure out a way to defy them. But outside the home, the research shows that these patterns fall away and birth order has little effect on personality and self-expression.


so...until tomorrow...or maybe monday...(after mediation training)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home