Procrastination

6.25.2006

Vanity Plates

One of my favorite parts of my drive to and from Philadelphia was the Vanity Plate Guessing Game!!

The rules:
1. look for vanity plates
2. guess what the vanity plates refer to

Examples from this weekend:

"No Noyz" (or something to that effect)

my guess - the driver made silencers for guns

"Mr. Zip"

my guess - the driver made jeans or ziplock bags or muzzles or has a last name like "pity-doo-dah"

I think vanity plates rock! (if only because they help me have fun on long car rides).

although, i think this guy thinks vanity plates rock more than i do.

and i don't think this (watch out! .pdf file!) is necessary. It's a general fact sheet for Vanity Plates in Pennsylvania (who knew about the demand?!), with rules like:

DEFINITION OF PERSONALIZED REGISTRATION PLATE:A personalized registration plate may contain up to seven letters and numbers in combination. One hyphen or one space is permitted, but not both. Special characters are not available.

The Department reserves the right to limit or reject certain requests.

i guess after seeing that list maybe its good the Department has authority to reject certain requests. Imagine if an elderly, fairly religious person in the middle of Pennsylvania (think: Grandma Amish) saw: "Sexx666".

Plus, imagine if your job was to receive and review the applications for vanity plates - it must make for great conversation.

"guess what license someone wanted today?"

"don't tell me. another sex addict? a tribute to the devil?"

"nope. those are a dime a dozen. I'll give you a clue. This one I accepted."

"Dr. 2th? WWJD? 1Eagles? PghStlr?"

"nope. Want another clue?"

"Yeah"

"Okay, here it is. At first, I thought the application was for a lil' old lady or a policeman but it was for someone who owns a gas station. turns out he has some humor."

"[blank stare]"

"pass me"

er....laughter? silence?...
(fine, maybe not so funny....)
(gosh, ya'll are a hard crowd).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home