Procrastination

5.04.2006

Sarah Silverman - The Only Jewish Girl Who Says More Inappropriate Things Than Me!!!




B/c i actually have to start writing this copyright paper & stop researching (read: procrastinating). i have no blog posts. instead, i have the "best of the best" of my recent procrastination for you.

The movie

The Aristocrats joke she is getting sued over

Intellectuals must think she's impressive if she made it into The New Yorker

“I was raped by a doctor,” she says. “Which is so bittersweet for a Jewish girl.”


The Onion's e-mail interview

AVC: Do you really prefer e-mail interviews? Really? Isn't this just more work for you?

SS: No. Much better. Because I can say things like, "You are a fucking idiot! That question is stupid!" and retarded things like that to a nice girl who is just doing her job and actually very well. In person I'm way too nice and my heart would break to be so rude.

AVC: Do you have a ranking system in your mind for which publications get live interviews (The New Yorker, Heeb) and which don't (The A.V. Club)? And if so, is there anything we can do to change our ranking?

SS: I try to do everything by email. If they refuse, then I decide if it's something I have to do or not. I'm shy. Okay? Stop riding me you weasely queer.


Rolling Stone calls her a dirty rotten princess

She doesn't want to get married, either, though she doesn't have a joke about that. "I don't want to be part of some club that doesn't include everybody," she says. "Also, I don't want to be called 'wife.' I see too many guys in my world say the word 'wife' and roll their eyes. Jimmy and I are totally committed, I say we're 'life partners,' but I don't know that I want him to feel like he's got me. Getting married would take away a little of the romance. Plus I don't want to move into his house -- it's not decorated at all how I would do it, so why would I live there? I love my place, and I'm saving up to buy an apartment. Maybe ten years from now, it would be great to live together."


or wait, maybe i like this one from there...

"Zoloft might've affected my sex drive, but I needed it," she says later. "I was out of control."


or wait, again...

"I can't believe anyone not being interested in exploring taboos," Silverman says in her defense. "Maybe it is the thing where a Catholic-school worker needs only to see the word 'pussy' to get off, but a sex worker needs ten midgets and a juggler. A comic needs to make jokes about the most taboo topics, about race or AIDS or fucked-up sex, to be able to get the belly laugh, for themselves."


and obviously, the wiki

if only i dated Jewish people!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home